Saturday, June 28, 2014

Journal #1

My journal today is about the World Cup. As we all know the U.S. has advanced to the round of 16. Despite being in the "Group of Death" the U.S. was able to beat Ghana and tie with Portugal to be able to advance. But the U.S. did end up losing their final game to Germany 1-0 which was unfortunate. As I hope for the U.S. to win the world cup, because I'm an American, I really don't see it happening. The U.S. will have to beat some very good teams to be able to even have a shot at the title, some of which include Belgium and possibly Argentina. But I hope for the best and maybe we will see a U.S. team win a World Cup in the future.

In another interesting story that is buzzing around with the World Cup is the Luis Suárez incident. So basically what happened is that the Uruguayan striker bit an Italian defender for no apparent reason. Now FIFA has taken action and banned Suárez for 9 International games. So as Uruguay advanced into the round of 16 they knew it would be difficult because they were playing without one of their best players and against a very good Colombia team. As the World Cup continues I know it will have some more drama to go with it. So I sincerely hope everyone has some fun watching it unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment